McCord Executive Search is seeking an experienced Industrial Engineer for our key client in SE Minnesota! In this role you will strengthen their position with their clients as experts in the material handling industry and support growing sales organization in the Material Handling and Logistics environments.
As the Industrial Engineer you will use sound analytical methods, sophisticated software skills, advanced engineering knowledge, and communication tools to effectively review customer operations and design process and products that will yield the highest efficiency gains, resulting in sound ROI for our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Provide professional services across 4 areas of Carts and Conveyance Sales (1) Field sales support and client operations review, (2) Strategic solutions that improve productivity using time measurements, (3) Provide insights into strategic development of our products to sell into key markets based on field/customer feedback and data (4) Support business case development that requires labor inputs and productivity validations. Work with field Sales team and Business Development leadership to create value added service and products to our clients and develop new opportunities with clients through field studies and research.
· Responsible for review and analysis of our client’s operations to uncover workflow improvements where they can provide value added solutions.
· Analyze and design sequence of operations and workflow to improve efficiencies, drawing and design warehouse processes, layouts, and infrastructure.
· Develop innovative ways to flow product through warehouses most efficiently and effectively.
· Apply quantitative methods to warehouse and fulfillment operations with the intent of optimizing total delivered cost and maximizing service levels.
· Support Sales reps in designing and presenting material handling solutions for receiving, storing, moving, and picking goods to our customers.
· Collaborate with procurement, engineering and production to improve quality of products and improve our value to customer through simplicity and innovative designs.
· Develop CAD facility layout drawings translating the business requirements to support, including Warehouse, Transportation and production needs.
· Provide insight on facility layout and work flow design. Provide appropriate analysis to support recommendations on changes and facility improvements.
· Develop compelling client presentation based on analytical data and ROI revolving around labor savings and increased efficiency resulting in revenue gains.
· Work closely with leadership to identify opportunities for future products and innovation.
· Continuous review of labor model to find areas for simplification, including the updates to operational strategies, processes, supplies and seasonal/weather related factors.
· Provide recommendations for preferred Operational methods and labor management improvements.
· Perform research in support of key operations management decisions related to process and service level management. Expert in workflow management and analysis of labor standards to ensure requirements are accounted for within the standards.
· Determine if other tools/technologies will support growth ambitions in terms of product management; develop business case and recommendations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering.
Minimum 5 years of experience in warehousing, fulfillment, logistics or retail environments (or equivalent combination of experience and education).
Ability to demonstrate a focus on problem solving, cost analysis, time studies, and process in material handling and fulfillment.
Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, and systems including robotics, conveyance and sortation a plus.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Ability to clearly map current processes and simplify workflow to improve efficiencies
Skilled in use and interpretation of engineered time studies
Strong 2D AutoCad skills with 3D Inventor a plus
Successful experience communicating and influencing effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of company employees and customers.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines, multi-task effectively and work well under pressure.
Proficient in Microsoft Office range of products with advanced Excel skills.
Willing and able to travel 25% to 50% of time.
If you feel your background is well-suited for this opportunity then absolutely let's start a conversation. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org