Due to increased business, Lake City Federal is adding to their Loan Department and hiring a full-time Loan Processor, in a professional office setting overlooking the Lake City Marina.
Hours are M-F, 7:30am-4pm with full benefits.
In this role you will enter loan data and transactions into financial institution computer system with appropriate updating, accurately preparing loan documents, assembling and properly maintaining loan files, and verify for accuracy loan documents prepared by others, along with providing a high quality of customer service.
Enters loan data and transactions into financial institution computer system with appropriate updating, accurately prepares loan documents, assembles and properly maintains loan files, and verifies for accuracy loan documents prepared by others, and provides a high quality of customer service.
✓ High school diploma or equivalent.
✓ At least six months of experience in an office environment.
✓ Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
✓ Experience with Wolters Kluwer processing software (or similar).
✓ A satisfactory understanding of financial institution products and services.
✓ Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a team player with minimum supervision.
✓ Possess and demonstrates good organizational skills.
Specific Job Functions:
• Answer incoming calls and redirect as necessary.
• Monitor the loan department email. Forwarding email to the correct individual, responding to emails as appropriate and sending emails when necessary.
• Open both the loan records vault and safe deposit box vault each morning and lock them each evening.
• Process incoming faxes along with outgoing faxes.
• Type various letters as needed.
• Assist customers with access to their safe deposit boxes following bank policy.
• Log in to computers and various loan processing software without difficulty.
• Process loan payments correctly.
• Reverse consumer and mortgage loan payments as needed with accuracy.
• Handle incoming mail. Typically, this will consist of managing the insurance infonnation, making payments and delivering mail to the appropriate employee.
• Maintain insurance spreadsheet on a weekly basis along with paying escrow by the insurance deadline.
• Answer customer's questions regarding: loan balances, loan payoffs, interest paid and amount due.
• Request and scan customer taxes as needed.
• Pay various bills as needed.
• Schedule appointments and update loan department calendar as needed. This also includes sending an email "invite" to the appropriate loan staff.
• Put various types of loan files together following a checklist.
• Complete commercial/ag advances along with follow-up paperwork.
• Schedule loan closings between customers, loan staff and the title company.
• Order title work on line.
• Order a flood determination on line.
• Order credit repo11s online.
• Order appraisals and prope1iy evaluations via email, along with follow-up.
• Order coupon books online.
• Pull a Homeland Tracker online on all borrowers and entities involved in a loan.
• Maintain daily interest rate spreadsheet (information comes in via the loan department email).
• Maintain various tickler lists as needed.
• Balance various General Ledgers using accounting software weekly
• Put a consumer loan on the bank's software.
• Review consumer loan on the bank's software that was done by another loan staff.
• Properly balancing transactions at the end of the day
• Look up and print vehicle values from NADA site online.
• Continue to gain proficiency in all 30-day expectations.
• Payoff mortgage, consumer and commercial/ag loans.
• Reverse commercial/ag loan payments with accuracy.
• Fill out wire forms and pull Bridger's on all parties.
• Compile and complete consumer and mortgage worksheets. This involves analyzing proof of income and the credit repo11 to figure the debt ratio. This would also include using on line values to determine loan to value. All loans needs to be within the bank's policy (with occasional exceptions).
• Complete a risk rating for all new consumer and mortgage loans.
• Read and understand bank's lending policies.
• Execute construction draws and advances. Included in this task if filling out multiple spreadsheets, calculation percentage of loan disbursed, ordering inspections as needed and recording payment to the IRS system (as applicable).
• Put a mo11gage loan on the bank's software.
• Put a commercial/ag loan on the bank's software.
• Review mortgage loan on the bank's software that was done by another loan staff.
• Review commercial/ag loan on the bank's software that was done by another loan staff.
• Create all documents necessary for a consumer/share/NOW credit loan using the bank's software.
• Scanning and indexing documents in a timely manner.
• Understanding of all loan documents.
• Proficiently use the bank's scanning software to access documents, annotate documents and make corrections to indexing information as needed.
• Review and interpret reports on a daily basis
• Balance various General Ledgers using accounting software monthly
• Performs any other duties as directed by Supervisors or President
Submit resume to email@example.com